HANDBOOK 2010 CHECKING IN ON NEW YEARS RESOLUTIONS
February 28: Here is a wonderful contribution from Ingrid about New Year's Resolutions. As we finish the 2nd month of the year it is time to revisit these things. How are you keeping up? Love the day! Silvia
HANDBOOK 2010 - HAPPY NEW YEAR!
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants..
4. Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
5. Make time to pray.
6. Play more games
7. Read more books than you did in 2009 .
8. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day
9. Sleep for 7 hours.
10. Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
11. Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12. Don't have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13. Don't over do. Keep your limits.
14. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
16. Dream more while you are awake
17. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need...
18. Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner with His/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
20. Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
21. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23. Smile and laugh more.
24. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree...
25. Call your family often.
26. Each day give something good to others.
27. Forgive everyone for everything.
28. Spend time w/ people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
29. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30. What other people think of you is none of your business.
31. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Do the right thing!
33. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
34. GOD heals everything.
35. However good or bad a situation is, it will change..
36. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37. The best is yet to come..
38. When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it..
39. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.
FEELING SENTIMENTAL ABOUT THE OBSTACLES OF 2009
Yoga gives us the opportunity to realize healing for ourselves. On the mat we find the connection between the obstacle that has challenged us and the expansion possible for our hearts. We go through the healing which is defined as “a process of rejoining: a rejoining body to heart, a rejoining of spirit to consciousness.” You see the mind and the heart are sweethearts but obstacles sometimes form a chasm between them. It is only by opening our hearts that we heal. The mind otherwise will keep us bogged down in heaviness.
So this is the time to make peace and allow the rejoining. Breathing in a way so that:
THE DOOR TO MY HEART IS WIDE OPEN
THE WINDOW OF MY SOUL INVITES THE BREEZE
MAY THIS PRACTICE CLEAR THE OBSTACLES TO MY TRUE SELF
MAY I HAVE THE COURAGE TO FOLLOW MY HEART WHEREVER IT MAY LEAD
And no matter what obstacles of past have taken place we move forward living from the truest most gentle place. Inspired by the way Dr Wayne Dyer puts it "The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow. Do good anyway. Stop looking for the approval of others as your reason to do good. Even if no one ever says thank you, do for others as your heart dictates from spirit, which is rooted in the energy of love, kindness and connectedness to all. Remind yourself to give love and do good because that is who you are, and for no other reasons."
Live from your heart, embrace your obstacles in a sentimental way and let them serve you to open up to your own humanity even further! Love your life, love yourself! Silvia
CANDLELIGHT YOGA NEW YEARS EVE 6PM-8PM WITH SILVIA:
TOPIC: SELF-REFLECTION LEADS TO HEALTHY SELF-EXPRESSION
“Your teacher can open the door, but you must enter by yourself.” --Chinese proverb
JULY 6, 2008: Fourth of July weekend brings with it lots of noise and for my Vata and Pitta friends these loud sounds of fire crackers, ramped up music, and extra time with the TV can provoke anxiety & unease. So the remedy today was a Sound DETOXIFICATION along with a super grounding practice to promote self-healing and meditation.
The time on the mat was dedicated to self reflection which let's us deeply consider what we find meaningful. This practice is about fully stepping into ourselves and my hope as a teacher is to inspire you to live from your heart and simply open as many doors as possible. Then you must courageously decide when and which doors to walk through. While contemplating making sensitive and heartfelt decisions the cool thing is that you discover more of who you really are. As a result your self-expression becomes healthy and true.
Right now, please take time you guys to bring your hands together at your heart in Anjali Mudra, appreciate your breath and renew your promise and commitment to live from your heart. From looking inwards we bring the best of ourselves into the world!
By stilling your mind your heart becomes clear and reflects purely to all those who you come in contact with so they see themselves more vibrantly too. Remember the yoga needs us to work through - so please keep sharing your light with the world! Love in all ways, Silvia
SELF-REFLECTION = HEALTHY SELF-EXPRESSION