THE IMPOSSIBLE IMPOSSIBLE: THE UPSIDE OF FEAR
JANUARY 28, 2010: Yoga helps us to believe in the impossibility of things. That nothing is impossible. This practices helps us to expand beyond our preconceived limitations into limitless possibility. We do this every time we meet the sensations in our bodies and the associated emotions. So tonight we focused on inversions (the upside down pose family). We faced our fears going upside down and if we can do that, gosh we can do anything!
“Don’t worry about making a mistake, you definitely will. Nothing bad will happen to you.” -Rimpoche
So the pressure is off. The upside of facing our fears is that there is nothing left to be afraid of. Once we dissolve the barriers to ourselves our potential is tuned into forever. This is written about in Chapter 2 of the Yoga Sutras that speaks to how dissolving the 5 Kleshas or veils brings forth the radiance of our most beautiful self.”
- Avidya – our forgetting, because we are forgetting we start to identify with things ever changing rather than the stillness of our HEART. We want stuff and then we get it and these are like snowflakes that melt when they hit the ground instead of finding that inside at our center is stillness and peace always
- Asmita –our self esteem is based on things outside ourselves and other reactions
- Raga – excessive fondness for fleeting pleasures
- Dvesa – excessive avoidance of unpleasant experiences causes disdain
- Abhinivesah – elusive awareness of immortality – instead live in the now.
Your task is not to seek for love,
but merely to seek and find
all the barriers within yourself
that you have built against it.
AWAKENING TO ONES DREAMS AND VISIONS OF LIFE
SEPTEMBER 28, 2009: I am inspired by this beautiful poem called The Awakening. It fits in perfectly with our dedication this week to the importance of dreaming and envisioning our lives as we really want them. All we have to do is stay the course with this amazing practice of yoga so we can see through the Kleshas or veils that build up and stop us from dreaming as big or bold as we did when we were in love with life with less complications. It can be that way again. May this time on the mat help you “remember everything!” Love and light, Silvia
"In the early dawn of happiness
You gave me three kisses
So that I would wake up
To this moment of love
I tried to remember in my heart
What I'd dreamt about
During the night
Before I became aware
Of this moving
I found my dreams
I saw how my heart had fallen
On your path
Singing a song
Between my love and my heart
Things were happening which
Made me recall everything"